Saturday 23 March 2013

A challenge for the speculative exobiology experts out there

I decided to NOT present another chapter on spidrids this time, seeing as how I presented two posts in a row on that subject already. There is definitely more to say on spidrids, and I will do so, but the next spidrid post will be better if I take more time. Another argument to step away from all those little and not-so-little spidrids scurrying around my feet is that I found myself thinking "Earth crab locomotion really resembles Furahan spidrid walks more than I expected". When you start taking fictional animals as the yardstick against which Earth animals are compared, it is perhaps time to tone the level of 'biogeekery' down a bit. Well, not that much, really, as instead of a post on spidrid gaits I will present you with a question challenging your level of expertise in this particular field.

Click to enlarge
What's the animal you see here? Mind you, I altered the image a bit to make it slightly more difficult. I will reveal the source in a week. The prize is a virtual plaque with your achievement on it on the wall of the Virtual Main Hall of the Institute of Furahan Biology. That's something, isn't it?   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...one of the Venusian fauna, from Dr Grordbort (http://www.planetfuraha.blogspot.com/2012/11/lets-bag-some-venusian-animals-while-we.html)...that's my guess.

Petr said...

Damn. too late. =(
It honestly looks like something from from Dr Grordbort...